Friday, April 17, 2009

Coffee Talks (part2) on long distance relationships

The last coffee talk post I had evolved around having an IM conversation with my former boss-turned friend, Jem. I decided to continue the series of this post by blogging about a live conversation with her when she arrived and spent the holy week with me:

Of friends (lost and found): How can you tell if a friend is a friend or not? >> First stop, Jem was an introvert (so she said before) but I would like to beg to disagree. She has now evolved from being a black-loving skinny girl with super straight jet black hair to what to be a skinny girl who gained weight, no longer wearing black and kinda curly girl at that time (cute). I was once again put on the hot seat and asked why wasn't I being responsive on updates regarding myself on IM. In my attempt to explain my side and redeem my being a true friend to her, I was silenced by how I would go back in time and explain why I rarely keep in touch but remain as a true friend. It was difficult to explain how I became who I am right now in dealing with long distance friends and I hope she understood me (details to be spared since I plan to blog about it next time).

A lot of questions could pop up from nowhere. Questions such as "do you actually lose your friends just because you moved to a far far away land?" I would like to take this opportunity to answer this and plainly say NO without even thinking twice. For some strange reason, people tend to feel abandoned just because the separation (as in literal = of space) and they feel that the situation puts a huge gap as long as EDSA. I know communication is deemed important but friends will always remain friends.

An excuse I had that turned out to make sense is when I asked her a few questions:

Me: When you come home to the Philippines and meet with me, do you feel like there's a certain awkward feeling like you don't know me at all?
Her: No.
Me: Feels just like yesterday, right?
Well, that's how short the conversation went :)

To close this entry, here's a picture of a "quote" I got from browsing when I was looking for a worthy wall paper for my phone.

No comments: