Saturday, April 11, 2009

Holy Week and Friends (lost and found) part 1

My holy week basically started when I fetched an old friend from Terminal 3 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport. I was told to be there at around 7 in the morning but my friends and I arrived earlier than expected since we were expecting traffic to build up but we were wrong. Instead, we visited a nearby church.

I am a non-practicing catholic who doesn't know that much about the religion. But I prayed for a lost soul to finally find peace and move on constructing a new life. This was the only thing that bothered me for the past 7 months and finally, after seeing the church, those wishes were the only ones that I could think of.

Going back to the story, Jem arrived on time and we were once again instructed to fetch her in aisle "i" up front (arrivals) but to our surprise, there was no aisle "i" but bays ranging from 1 to i can't remember. I called her up to ask if she was already up front and she confirmed. I asked if she sees the church that is located just in front of the terminal but she only confirms seeing a tower (thought that it was the church's tower, but apparently, it was the control tower she was referring to). Jem asked around and found out that she was at terminal 2 instead.

When we got to Jem, we went around the Manila area to find a place where we could have breakfast. Jem had been in the US for 2 years already (if I'm not mistaken) and was already rusty with her directions around the metropolis. Jopat was our guide, driver and human GPS (thanks for driving us around, Jopat). We settled at Aristocrat along Roxas boulevard for Breakfast ordering anything that Jopat was ordering (literally).

After breakfast, Jem had an early morning appointment at the Salon and we just dropped her off. It was really nice seeing good friends come together after months of not seeing each other. I know it defeats the purpose of what the holy week is all about but in some way, it brought back good memories. It was just like yesterday

No comments: