Monday, January 19, 2009

When everything seems to go well

A lot of people I know have a hard time moving on... It sometimes leaves me asking myself why? Is it because of the emotions, time, effort that they've invested? Or is the classic reason of accepting changes make it seem so impossible to move forward?

I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I have been very good with moving on. Accepting changes and making sure I get something positive at the end.

I would just like to share how putting things in a different perspective could save you the pains of dealing with things. Going back to the previous post about the sea turtles, here's a story something similar, or should I say, a pre-quel to that story.

A friend of mine just informed me that it was the second year of his accident. He was very lonely at that time and a bit emotional. He cried. I asked why. "I have the pins from the operation in my journal and I seem to have this moment to reminisce what had happened and it just makes me feel so emotional", he said while sobbing. I didn't know what to say. I didn't want to comfort him by just listening and empathizing. Then, i remembered my blog. I told him that any happening, both good and bad, must have something good that resulted at the end. We just neglect the good parts. We can always go back to the past and think of what could we have done differently to have avoided something: this is called regrets. And it's always too late to regret. When reminiscing moments, we should never forsee the good things that happened. like for instance, after the accident 2 years ago, instead of crying over spilled milk, why not celebrate the second life we have? - By the way, my good friend ended up laughing.
It can also help to do rituals like that of burying someone, or even an incident or a memory, to make it easier for us to move on. We have to go through the different stages of letting go but, no one suggests to stay long in the most difficult parts of the cycle.







Hey guys, I only have until March in my current place. If you know of an apartment anywhere in Quezon City that can fit 5 people (preferably 4 bedrooms), please let me know. :)
This is my way of letting people I'm moving ----- to a new address :))

No comments: