Monday, January 26, 2009

Coffee Talks (part1)

I am going to start something here that will make me share conversations with friends. I am going to call it COFFEE TALKS and hopefully, you guys can take home something from it =)
A week ago, I had a conversation with a former boss (who eventually became a dear friend. Her name is JEM). She already got married and moved to the States but still, she looks after me.
Anyway, we were talking about how things are doing at work and I said:"So far so good. Can't complain". I said these words since it's the only source of income. Being bread winner of the family leaves you with nothing less but this option...
I also told Jem that some friends (including myself) ventured out in a business we call ProFora Media (professional Linkage Webinars (www.proforamedia.com; www.philippineonlinetraining.com ).
Jem had ventured in an graphic design/architectural 3d images business that is based in the States but has an office here in Cebu. She and her husband also opened another one which is an online shopping website for eco-friendly gifts (Jem, forgive me but I have the website at home) :) ill post it once I get the chance.). And guess what, they have another one (a third) in the pipeline.
Then the topic went back to me and my work. She asked if I was happy working for the company. My answer remains. But we all know about the recession and about the companies closing, people losing their jobs and the like.
Inspiring words I heard from her were:
"It's nice to go along with parties but I wouldn't want you to stay behind to look at empty tables and chairs. I'd rather you leave the party early." >> Left me thinking about a lot of things.
Now, I am thinking of really saving up for another venture. It's scary to think about leaving the corporate world (think about the bi-monthly pays that you're yoused to getting). But still, I have no plans of working in a company the rest of my life. I don't want to retire and still not have a comfortable life.
Guys, in line with the business I was talking about, we are also offering webinars (seminars done over the web) on Financials. How to invest your way to financial freedom (this February) and Debt management (schedule to be added). For more information, please visit www.proforamedia.com, www.philippineonlinetraining.com, or www.philippinewebinars.com for upcoming webinars and schedules.

2 comments:

Lyndon Agduyeng said...

Nice, nice...

I actually just incorporated a daily activity in my Academy classes a daily 30 minute chat with my participants.You know, speech-development of sort. I call it COFFEE TABLE THOUGHTS. I think I will borrow your blog post subject as one of our up coming topics..

Jayson said...

Thanks, Lyndz! :)